Sometimes being an adult is hard folks. Gone are the days when 7-year-old me could chow down on some Pop Tarts with gleeful abandon not thinking about what exactly I was putting into my body. While I stopped eating Pop Tarts many many years ago, I didn’t stop WISHING I could eat Pop Tarts, I’m looking at you Frosted Strawberry. Lucky for me this autumn my Pop Tart fixation finally came full circle when I discovered this brilliant Skinny Pop Tart recipe on The Super Sisters. A tasty Pop Tart recipe that wasn’t detrimental to one’s delicate waistline seemed too good to be true, so naturally I started baking to investigate. With a few modifications including the inclusion of pumpkin and apple filling for some fall flavored sweetness, I concluded that 7-year-old me would smile from ear-to-ear if they could try my adultified Pop Tart alternative. The best part is, these are super easy and quick to make, read on for the recipe…
Lighter Apple & Pumpkin Pop Tarts
8 Pop Tarts | Approximately 150 Calories Per Apple Pop Tart, 82 Calories Per Pumpkin Pop Tart
Apple Filling Ingredients:
* 1 Large Green Apple Finely Chopped
* 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon & Sugar Mix
Pumpkin Filling Ingredients:
* 1 Cups Canned Pumpkin
* 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
* 1 Tablespoon Cream Cheese
For The Crust:
* 8 5″x5″ Egg Roll Wrappers (I used Nasoya Brand)
* 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon Sugar to top Pumpkin Pop Tarts
Directions For Tarts:
* Preheat oven to 375 Degrees.
* Get two bowls, one for each filling.
* For the apple tarts mix your finely diced apples with the cinnamon and sugar till all apple is well coated.
* For the pumpkin tarts mix cinnamon and cream cheese into the canned pumpkin.
* On a large cookie sheet or cutting board lay out egg roll wrappers one at a time and distribute the apple filling evenly between 4 of them, and the pumpkin filling evenly between the other 4.
* Keep filling confined to half of the egg roll wrapper and fold over when filled.
* Use a wet paper towel to dampen the inner edges of the folded over wrapper, then use a fork to seal the edge by indenting down each open side.
* When all wrappers are filled and sealed bake for 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees.
* Remove from oven and let cool before adding topping.
* For the Pumpkin Pop Tarts sprinkle cinnamon and sugar topping and enjoy! For the Apple Pop Tarts see below for icing recipe.
Directions For Toppings:
* In a small sauce pan mix all ingredients together.
* Heat on high and mix with a spoon till icing becomes transparent.
* Remove from heat and let cool until icing starts to harden and get a slight film over the surface.
* Drizzle over Apple Pop Tarts and enjoy!